Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chit n' chat, This n' that

The other day Hugh brought me home an N-64 with Mario64 and Diddy Kong Racing for games. I was ridiculously excited about this. I am not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination but I love Mario and would love to re-own the original NES system and the original Mario games. Duck Hunt anyone? I think Hugh bought this for me partly to foster my own love of gaming and therefore cut him some slack and partly so he can slum it without looking bad to the xbox game snobs, ("I know, I know, but it's my wife's.") As much as I have been loving playing Mario again it's (confession. gulp.) getting old fast. That feels sacriligious even to say but shhhh...I'm kind of bored of it. (Tristan loves it though, "Mom, the boy is jumping!")

I could be packing. In fact I probably should be packing as we are moving in 1 week and 1 day but there's just not enough pressure yet for me to get it into gear. I've done my daily email/blog/facebook ritual and there was nothing to divert me for more than a few minutes (thank you DJ for your Schnai Day blog). All my stuff for the Twins Garage Sale is done, I've overdone Mario and I have absolutely nothing to read so I'm at loose ends right now. I should be enjoying this time but actually I'm kind of bored. I don't even have The O.C. to relieve my boredom. I finished the third season (spoiler alert) where they kill off Mischa Barton in the finale and let me tell you they could not have done it in any less dramatic or anti-climactic way! It sort of killed my obesession actually. I'm not sure how it's possible to have a main character die and it be boring but they managed it. I will rent the fourth season because I'm a bit OCD that way, like when assorted candies are before me and I either have to have one of every colour/flavour or none at all, and since I've seen some of The O.C., I now have to see them all - but it won't be until after we've moved. So.....

What's new with you?

3 comments:

  1. OMG I remember in Smithers back in the day when I came home from a trip to Terrace (yippee) with a brand new N64... (when we lived together for that little while). I wasn't sure who was more excited... you or Hugh!

    We have a Wii its a lot of fun when we're in the mood to play. You can download all the old Marios with Wii points cards.

    Better get packing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad i could provide 1 minute of entertainment to help with your procrastination...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...
    Let's see...
    What's new with me....

    I"m on the brink of emotional failure...

    But other than that...NOTHIN'

    Love you

    ReplyDelete