Sunday, June 14, 2009

A reason to celebrate?

Edited to add:
I had to pull this blog because I was surprising a friend who was having a party to celebrate completing her A.R.C.T. piano exam which she has been working towards for 10 years and she reads this blog.
And also, I have now run 5 whole times. I think it may be official. I've taken up running.

I've taken up running. Sort of. I mean I ran yesterday and the day before out of sheer panic. And I plan on running tomorrow and everyday until we leave on Thursday for our trip to Smithers. So that counts right?

Here's the thing. I'm about 15 lbs heavier than I was at the beginning of last summer. I gained 5 lbs while my friend Michelle and her girls were visiting. One night we went to a great little restaurant patio for a drink and to split a dessert but the desserts all looked so good and there were so many options we decided to each get a dessert to share. And then to split a third. I really don't know why I gained weight during those 3 weeks! Then I gained 5 lbs at Christmas. Baking. Indulging. Enough said.

And then somehow I managed to gain another 5 between Christmas and now which leads me to a grand total of 15 lbs of heaviness and too tight pants that I did not have last summer. If I gain 5 more lbs I will be the heaviest I have ever weighed while not having another human being (or 2) inside of me. And I am so paranoid about gaining more weight while we're gone that it propelled me out of bed at 6:15am on Friday morning to run. And I didn't set an alarm. And my kids weren't awake yet. And then I did it again the next morning.

I think I may have finally hit rock bottom.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah... I was really into running until my knee started hurting so bad I had to quit. And it was super unfortunate because it's the one exercise I did that I actually saw pretty immediate results.

    So, I wish you all of the luck and the courage in the world to keep at it... it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOOOOOO HEATHER!
    I am a BIG fan of TURBO JAM it's the BEST work out dvd's I've ever done- and I've done them all. NOT ANNOYING and really good for the days you have time and a video for the days you don't or if another freak winter storm hits and you don't want to run outside. Either way. I'm excited for you- if anything running is SO good for the stress level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to keep working out while you're here...it may be with drink in hand, but we'll do it!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree whith the previous posters! Running is my time away from my kids. Just me and my music. It does wonders for the stress levels.
    I completely relate to the freak out when the previous years clothes wont fit. I was going to go have a nap, but after reading this, I think I'll go do some sit ups (if I can)

    ReplyDelete