Thursday, July 9, 2009

3 hours and counting

Really, it's only 10 to 5:00? This day is dragging. Hugh is sick, some sort of influenza thing that has made his throat hurt, his head ache and apparently made the back of his neck tender to the touch. According to google this could mean a) the flu or b) he's dying. Note to self: Never google medical symptoms they almost always add up to cancer or at the very least a life threatening illness. You might just have time to hug your kids and kiss your spouse before the end if you put down the computer RIGHT NOW!

Anyway, Hugh spent the night tossing and turning which meant I spent the night tossing and turning. Never has there been a better case for memory foam mattresses. I knew Hugh wasn't feeling well, he was shivering up a storm and burning to the touch but at about 3:30 in the morning I lost all compassion and just wanted to kick him.

And now today I'm dragging around feeling like every movement is happening in slow motion except for when I'm yelling at the kids for you know, existing. And asking for things. Like lunch. Tristan wanted to play a game this morning but I had to say sorry honey, mommy is just too tired and cranky today and doesn't want this day to come up in therapy in your 30's so let's just watch some more TV, mmmmkay?

I had a preplanned coffee date for today at naptime and almost cancelled because I really didn't want to get dressed. I did want to get out though so I compromised with Lulu's, a scarf, blush, eyebrows and no mascara. No mascara means I don't have to wash my face tonight and I am already anticipating how quick getting ready for bed will be tonight...

Starbucks and not having to wash my face. It's a good day. Just incredibly long. Is it really only 5 after 5:00?

4 comments:

  1. Ha same in my world....but now that you say Hugh's symptoms....hmmmmm I think I may be dying too! Oh and you made my potatoes boil over on the stove....all you fault yes it is!!! Oh and why wasn't I invited to coffee today I am child free from 9am to 3pm! Try it some day you will like it ALOT! *hugs* have a better night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats crappy that Hugh is sick. i hope it stays with just him and no one else gets it. Although not sure which is worse three sick kids or one sick husband????
    I found today dragging not due to anything specific but i think because now the kids are home all day and i am finding it hard to keep them entertained...summer school might be a better option in years to come..haha...

    hope hugh feels better soon and you all have a good night sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And now today I'm dragging around feeling like every movement is happening in slow motion except for when I'm yelling at the kids for you know, existing."

    Best line in blog history, hands down!

    ReplyDelete