Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Am going to use the word EPIC

My weekend by the numbers:

1 - Ridiculously amazing surprise.



4 - kindred spirits.















7 - kids left back in Smithers with 3 husbands.

18 - hours of sleep over 4 nights.

12 - (at least) hours each day spent laughing till it hurt.















1 - time I peed my pants a little bit.

2 - times I couldn't speak or see for laughing while in the Tim Horton's drive-thru.

1 - time we blasphemed. Laura brought a Tim's steeped tea into Starbucks. I know! I was expecting lightning too.















1 - sip everybody took of my favourite drink - a vodka martini, dirty with as many olives as I can fit on the stick. This was the common consensus. Just a guess but I don't think it's even making their top 10.















1 - time I let the kids eat an ice cream sandwich for breakfast.

3 - kids who also thought this was the best weekend ever.















2 - double batches of crepes made.















Countless - cups of tea and coffee consumed.

Countless - times we teared up while we shared the deepest parts of our hearts.

1 - time we pulled out the Bible.

1 - discussion about our best and worst qualities which now means I have to work on not overreacting. Great. Thanks a lot girls. Like I'm not busy enough already, now I have to work on my CHARACTER!

Zero - times we watched Anne Of Green Gables. We learned our lesson last time!

1,000,000 - times I felt so blessed and thankful to have these women in my life.

6 comments:

  1. This is the best post EVER. I loved it. I'm going to read it again.

    You missed one though-
    1- new word added to the vocabulary that is better not said on blogger.

    Also- I would drink martinis with you until the cows came home. Although I'm a gin girl myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because this post is full of fun and love I'll over look the use of the word epic. ;) But seriously, how fun was it of them to surprise you. You really do have wonderful friends. One question how much are your abs hurting from all that laughing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was theeeeee best post ever Heather! You are the greatest...and these friends sound pretty darn great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is a GREAT blog....it really does TOTALLY describe the weekend!

    Also-Simone..my abs ACTUALLY do hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same time next year?

    ReplyDelete