Tuesday, October 31, 2006

all hallows eve

So this is Halloween # 2 for the Cyr household. I was pretty excited about having my kids do all the work for the candy that I would get to eat. Started out kind of rough. Had to bribe Tristan with candy to put on costume. Ava too. I told her if she puts her costume on she gets candy. "No candy, no candy," she cried. Um, I don't think you understand what candy is. 1 mini chocolate bar later and it was "trick or treat! trick or treat! go van! trick or treat!" She catches on quick that one.

Ava the unicorn, Tristan the tiger, Kai the frog prince.

Tristan: "Whoa, I think I'm cut off. If I have one more sucker I'm gonna need a DD"

Close up

Extreme close up

The smarties box that Ava gnawed open to get to the candy.

Gnawed.

With her teeth.

I may have created a monster...

9 comments:

  1. I was waiting for a Halloween blog. Cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!! I love the costumes!

    Glad to see that my kids aren't the only ones that will eat through recycled cardboard to get to the chocolatey goodness.

    P.S - who's Kai?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Simone I'm glad I'm not alone in the kids eating cardboard thing.

    Kai is their little friend who went trick or treating with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think halloween is becoming one of the top events of the year in out house. Its so fun and we have a 'candy tax' for dad. It only applies after the kids are in bed however ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY CUTE! Mercys first halloween we let her have 1 small box of smarties..she was up till 2AM on a sugar buzz.....oh the joys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh me oh my....If I could reach through the computer to squeeze their little chunkin faces I surely would! They looked to die for, over the top, send me directly over the edge adorable....

    And I just have to say Heather, that Ava definetely belongs to you. ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark, I love the candy tax idea. We're definitely going to have to incorporate that into our house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we SO have a candy tax. it's just a secret that our kids don't know about!! LOL...you think they'd catch on to the fact that their candy is dwindling a rapid rate!

    oh..by the way...LOVE the chewed smartie box..seems Ava has the 'gotta eat it NOW' gene. wonder where she got that from???

    ReplyDelete
  9. mark! You totally stole the candy tax thing from me!! I do feel complimented, however. A good idea does not stay to oneself.

    oh, hi, Heather. :) I found you through Paul's blog. He so nicely directed me to you.

    I love the chewed Smarties box. That child is a creative solutions genius!

    ReplyDelete