Friday, May 29, 2009

Tell me that face doesn't break your heart just a little...

Tristan has very toothpick-like limbs:


But Tristan got a mosquito bite that got infected:


And now let's look at them side by side:


The doctor thinks Tristan was scratching a bite and broke the skin and then while playing outside picked up a staph or strep infection. He's on some pretty killer antibiotics and I am grateful because the swelling is starting to blister and is just scary to look at. That horrible preview for "Drag me to Hell" (or whatever it's called) is all over right now and even though I try to turn it because just the preview creeps me out I've seen enough that I keep thinking something is going to burst through the skin of Tristan's arm and eat us all for breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor little guy! That looks so painful (the arm, and his expression). I hope he heals up quickly.

    The previews for the movie freak me out too, despite only seeing the first few seconds. I will try to refrain from running at Ella, screaming, everytime a bug comes near her now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that movie looks ridiculously frightening- so I hope nothing crawls out at you...

    But seriously, that doesn't look like very much fun! Feel better Tristan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD. You were NOT exaggerating.

    ReplyDelete