Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The long and short of it

Hey. So. Got a stomach ache on Friday afternoon. Thought I was hungry. Ate 3 pieces of pizza, you know, to make sure I was really full and so my stomach really wouldn't hurt. Didn't work. Went to lay down. Writhed in agony on my bed for a while. Had a bath. Writhed in agony in the tub. Puked up my pizza. Drank some peppermint tea. Puked it up. Writhed in agony on the floor of my bedroom for a while. That was uncomfortable. Went back to writhing on bed. Went to hospital. Was immediately admitted and hooked up to IV combo of Gravol and Demerol. Spent the night in a hospital bed in Emerg. puking but doing slightly less writhing thanks to the Demerol and then no writhing when they switched me to morphine. Had a CT scan. Went to the OR. Had a nurse press my throat till I passed out. Woke up without an appendix. The End.

Except it's not really the end is it? Not when the doctors told me I'm not allowed to lift my children for 4 weeks and I have to sleep sitting up and take antibiotics that make me smell like a nursing home. At least the twins are at good ages and will be able to bring me breakfast in bed and feed me grapes all day long while I lounge on the couch. Sigh. And Sebastian? Good thing he loves his crib, cuz I can't lift him out of it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I think the worst part is having to sleep SITTING UP?!?! Oh man, what's up with that? ;)
    Feel better soon!

    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shizzle.

    The thought of pizza and beer whilst in the middle of appendix pain? YOWSER

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm umm that is RIDICULOUS and I hope your recovery is quick and you have MANY babysitter come over to give you a break. love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're like the 3rd appendix explosion i've heard of in the last month. What's up with that? Heal up Heather...i don't like hearing about friends having to go into emerg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Heather! That is AWFUL!! I'm praying you heal up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last winter I had a bronchial lung infection and had to sleep sitting up. You so have all the sympathy I can muster! Feel better soon! xx

    ReplyDelete