Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm a Gleek

And no that's not a typo.  I am officially in love (bordering on obsession) with the TV show Glee.  Once the Olympics were over I had no idea what to do with all my newfound free time so I decided to spend a weekend watching Season 1. 

O. M. G.  LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Warning: Spoiler Alert.  If you have not watched Glee go do that right now.  Do not make dinner, do not read stories to your children and do not converse with your husband.  (Also, do not pass Go or collect $200).  WATCH GLEE!

The storylines are both zany - hello fake pregnancy? and heartwarming - Sue having a Downs Syndrome sister.  The cast is magic.  Sue Sylvester is the perfect comedic villain.  Mr. Schu. is delicious. Finn is adorable And Puck is just plain hot.  Tell me I'm not the only one who likes the bad boy. I love Rachel in all her painful glory.  I watch half of her scenes holding onto a pillow so I can duck my face when the earnest and the awkward get to be too much.  Quinn.  Beautiful mean girl Quinn.  I love to hate Quinn.  And I love it even more when she surprises us with her honesty or compassion and makes us love her.  And Emma, sweet, OCD Emma who has such great wardrobing. You and Mr. Schu = true love 4ever.

As for the music.  I heart the musical numbers.  I'm not saying they are all fabulous singers, Quinn and Finn come to mind, but what they lack in ability they make up for in heart and the performances are all incredibly entertaining.  From Kurts "Single Ladies" video to Mercedes singing "Imagine" with the deaf choir to Artie and the wheel chair version of "Proud Mary" to the brilliant mash-ups, I love them all.  Any show where the characters periodically break into song and dance and makes me laugh and cry in the same episode has my vote.

These are the moments when I regret not following my dreams of the stage.  I want to be in Glee.  I need to be in Glee. The other day I came across something that proves I belong in this show.

On the left we have a dress worn in the "Rehab" performance by a rival school.  On the right is moi on the way to a school dance, circa 1992. 


Meant to be or what?  Now if only I could sing...

4 comments:

  1. Love Glee...Its a Meli and me show to watch together...altho she just comes in to watch the singing parts it is still our show~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that show is all the rage around here... haven't hopped on the band wagon yet. I hardly watch any TV- unless it's cramming 5 seasons of Lost into November, than yes, I watch a lot of TV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! Watched all 14 episodes in the space of 5 days while at home thinking I really must have something more important I could be doing... Can't wait for season 2 to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MANY BLOGS...so little time...look at all I missed while I was gone!

    ReplyDelete