Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Apple. Tree. Doesn't fall far.

"Mom, I can't do it!  I've tried and I've tried but I just can't do it!"

"Ava, honey this is something you've done lots of times before I know you can do it.  Don't get frustrated, just take a deep breath and try again."

"Buuuuut Iiiiiii caaaaan't doooooo iiiiiiiit."

"Ava, you don't need to cry.  Can you think of one thing you can do that might help you solve this problem?"

"No. No I can't.  Why can't you just do it for me?"

"Because I know you can do this and I know how good you'll feel when you get it.  Now try and think of one possible solution for this problem, one thing you can do.  Can you do that?"

"Please, please, please can't you just tell me."

"Come on honey, one thing.  If you think of one thing you could do I'll help you think up some other solutions.  What's one thing you can do?"

"Well....  I can sit on the floor and cry."

1 comment: