Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sunshine Days By The Numbers

After the longest winter (see: snow in May) and the wettest Spring (see: flooding) we have had 9 of the most gloriously sunny days and I can't bear to waste a minute more than necessary inside. So here it is quickly:

2 - books finished: "Excuses Begone" by Dr. Wayne Dyer and then to combat all that inner soul contemplation, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" by Ann Brashares.
1 - book in the works, "The Second Summer of the Sisterhood."  Once I start a series I have to finish it.  Also, if someone has a bowl of assorted candies I either have to have one of every kind or none.  I realize this is mildly OCD.
18 - popsicles eaten (between three kids, not each!)
12 - garage sales.  Purchases included: gladiator sandals for $2 and a vintage steamer trunk for $5!  This brings my vintage trunk acquisitions to four in the last two months.
3 - gallons of homemade iced tea
1- litre of homemade lemonade
2 - cuttings of mint from my pots for the homemade lemonade.
6 - mornings I have done a 10-minute Trainer workout.  I haven't even looked at them since last summer but I'm back on the wagon.
2 - hours I spent sanding down one Adirondack chair before quitting.
1 - screen door installed.
6 - coats of paint it took to get our front door painted. 
3 - family bike rides.
2 - hours spent shooting hoops in the back lane.  I officially now how to throw (shoot?) a basketball.  Thank you Hugh.
1 - Summer Solstice spent staying up late to enjoy the longest day of the year.
1 - missed Summer Solstice since I thought it was Monday when it was really Tuesday.
9 - days the kiddie pool has been filled.
3 - sun-kissed children.
1 - hot husband.
1 - happy mama.

2 comments:

  1. sounds perfect. enjoy every last bit of those sunny days...we are still waiting for some more over here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Don't you just love summer-time?

    I have an old steamer trunk too. Aren't they lovely? My dad and I are always on the lookout for them. Show pictures, woman! ;)

    ReplyDelete