Monday, August 30, 2010

Somehow my stomach wasn't getting the message.

Tomorrow morning is Tristan and Ava's Kindergarten orientation.  They start on Friday.

4:12am
I haven't pulled out their fall clothes yet!  "Do not be anxious about anything...."
I haven't bought them new socks yet!  "Do not be anxious about anything..."
I haven't put their names on their backpacks yet! "Do not be anxious about anything..."
I don't even know what time school starts! "Do not be anxious about anything..."
I don't know what time it ends either!  "Do not be anxious about anything...."

5:07am
I don't think the kids know our phone number! "Do not be anxious about anything..."
I have never taught the kids our address!  "Do not be anxious about anything..."
Sebastian doesn't have a backpack for preschool!  "Do not be anxious about anything..."
What if Tristan pees his pants at school?  "Do not be anxious about anything..."

6:22am
What if the kids don't like their teacher?  "Do not be anxious about anything..."
Am I supposed to send a snack on Friday for their half-day? "Do not be anxious about anything..."
What if Tristan poos his pants at school?  "Do not be anxious about anything...."

7:03am
I haven't had the sex talk with my kids yet! They still don't know where babies come from! "Do not be anxious about anything..."

7:12am
"Morning Mom!  I am so hungry!  I want peanut butter and jam for breakfast.  No! I want just peanut butter in bread not toast.  No! I want cereal with blueberries and bananas.  I am SO hungry!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweetie you make me smile! I sent Ty off to first grade this morning and I am hoping he does well.....and the biggest thing is makes it home with all he was sent to school with! LOL!

    Poor Meli is beside herself to not have K all week except her orientation on Thursday. She does go to the preschool class in the afternoons so that is good for this week to start getting into a routine. For myself I want to get them taking the bus and there I have slight anxiety that will they make it there? Will they know which stop to get off coming home? Will they get bad/mean kids on their bus? Gahhhhhhh I know they only have 3 stops till they are at school and 3 stops before they are home but really I have to get the boy to be independent and Mom needs to let him!

    Hugs to you and your little peanuts! All will be well once they fall into a routine and make new friends and you can breathe a little sigh of relief!
    D

    ReplyDelete