Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where to begin...

So we went on holidays.  But before we went on holidays my rash and whatever it was did settle down.  Not so much Tristan's stomach.  I ended up cleaning up having to clean puke off Tristan's bedroom carpet, his bedding and his bedside table.  He had had cheerios with blueberry yoghurt, blueberries and raisins for breakfast.  Need I say more?  He puked one more time just after getting out of the tub, had one episode of explosive diarrhea and then slept the rest of the afternoon.  We threw an extra pair of jammies (and underwear) in my purse and gave him a plastic bowl with lid just in case and headed out.  We got into our hotel that night at 2:20am and were on the road again by 8:20 the next morning.  And that's how we began our "restful" vacation.  In 16 days we drove 4500 km, slept in 6 different cities, 1 hotel, 1 tent trailer, and 4 different houses.

To start, we camped with three quarters of the AOGG club. at Tchesinkut Lake near Burns Lake, BC. (Thanks Billie for the loan of the tent trailer!) Tanya and her fam were VERY missed!!!


We visited Hugh's brother and family.

Cousins
Brothers
Beesh cuddling with Auntie Cara
Do you think he did it?
When you're out of colouring pages Uncle Aaron is very handy.

We had a 60th birthday party for Hugh's dad and spent a lovely afternoon on their sailboat.


And finally we visited my parents.

 

By this time all the kids had been sick.  Nobody but Tristan threw up but Tristan went from throwing up sick to sore throat, cold sick.  Beesh got such a bad cough that everytime he coughed he would wince and cry and Ava got a really bad sore throat. At my parents house it was Hugh and I who got sick.  Despite the sickness that sort of followed us around we still had a really fun vacation with lots of good visiting and great weather all around.  Now all I need is a vacation from my vacation so I can actually get some rest!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is ALOT of travelling. Looks like a fun time, despite the illness.

    Heather, your mom is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? She is breathtaking. Also, wanted to try to catch up with you in SA but ran out of time and energy. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that too...your Mom is TIMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family comes first always :)

    If you are free next time, I would love to hang out!

    ReplyDelete