Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This just proves you can't ever count on the Canucks

We drove 12 hours and got home from 10 days of vacation in the Okanagan at 2:00am Monday morning.  I then did 75,000 loads of laundry.  Or, well, 7.  Close enough.  I want to blog about our holidays but I have to upload all the pics.  I hope the stories don't get too stale to tell by the time that happens.  In the meantime I feel a burning desire to tell you two things.

1.  Sebastian has been sitting at the kitchen table in front of 2 squares of a roast beef sandwich for 2 hours and 18 minutes.  I will win this. 

2.  When the hockey playoffs began Hugh asked every game if I would come downstairs to watch with him.  I told him if the Canucks made the finals I would happily sit and watch every single game with him but until then I would happily watch none.  Who knew they'd make it to the finals for the first time in 17 years?  Apparently I have a promise to fulfill....

3 comments:

  1. Oooooo girl...NEVER make promises you won't want to fulfill! Haha. Enjoy. I will think of you when I am at VV or Starbucks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 8:45 here right now. I hope you're not still in the middle of your showdown. Hopefully you won and are congratulating yourself with some ice cream. That's what I would do :)

    I hope you guys got lots of sunshine while you were here! I'm sorry if I honked at your Alberta plates while driving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I watch every Canucks game. I am emotionally invested in this team. This is why little boys start playing hockey, or strive to reach the NHL. We get to watch their dreams come true. I don't know, but I think that's pretty special.

    Also. The table scenario made me shudder. I HATE it when my girls do that. Seriously, how many times do you have to chew one piece of broccoli?!?!

    ReplyDelete