Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A picture may be worth a thousand words but I still had to write a few

I finally got my vacation pictures off my camera.  In the process I got distracted looking through the folder of photos taken in the month before our holidays.  Want know how to make your baby grow up overnight and make yourself wonder if that vasectomy your husband got three years ago was such a good idea after all?


Give him a haircut.


And then go cry yourself to sleep because your baby's babyhood is gone forever and the baby era in your family is gone forever and then torture yourself wondering why-oh-why you didn't have another baby when babies are so delicious and wonderful and perfect in every way...

And then after a good nights sleep, when peace of mind and perspective has returned, remind yourself how awesome it is that you get to have a good nights sleep because you don't have any babies anymore, that you don't miss diapers or strollers or diaper bags, and then have your little man wrap his arms around your neck and say, "Oh mom, you're my best friend."


The end.

1 comment:

  1. love it! ( i too love babies but I am so happy to be done and moved out of that phase!)

    ReplyDelete