Tuesday, January 23, 2007

excuses, excuses

Okay so I wrote a post about how I was in such a blogging funk because I'm so tired all the time but I didn't get around to posting it. See normally I blog while the kids nap in the afternoon but since Hugh has been gone I've been so tired from this single parenting thing that I've gone back to napping when they nap. By 7:00pm I'm so fried I cannot even speak coherently nevermind organize my thoughts enough to write something witty or halfway intelligent. That's a good reason for not blogging lately right?

How about another. I'm pregnant.

Seriously. I'm not kidding. This is not just another excuse. I'm P.R.E.G.N.A.N.T. Which I suppose would also explain the overwhelming tiredness and lack of ability to think straight.

I found out on Friday. I did the pee on a stick test in the bathroom at the airport in Kelowna with my sister Jane. I mean really what better way to say good-bye to someone that you have spent almost every day with over the last year but who won't be in Medicine Hat when we get back because she's going to Italy forever and ever, plus or minus an ever, than pee on a stick with them. When we saw the two little pink lines we hugged and half laughed, half cried. And "Brenda" said congratulations as she washed her hands and I thought well I never was one to pass up the opportunity to make a memory.

I couldn't get ahold of Hugh to tell him until Saturday morning and by then all my family knew, my friend Michelle knew...In my excitement I may have gotten carried away. But I'm pretty sure he knew before the cleaning lady. Besides he was there the first time. It's not like those little pink lines are all that interesting to look at. Right?

Wanna know something bizarre? I have the same due date with this baby as I had with Tristan & Ava. Cue twilight zone music.

Anyway, we are very excited and praying for the normal things, a good pregnancy, a healthy baby, no horrific morning sickness this time. Oh and one more thing about this time. Could we just have one baby please?

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys! that is great news. No wonder you feel like sleeping. I hope you have lots of help and that you have a great pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Heather!
    I did a quick google search and 'they' say the odds of having two sets of twins is around 1 out of 11 million...So i'm liking your odds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heather! I'm excited for you guys. I hope you have an easy pregnancy. I'm liking your odds too!

    I'll definitely get on mailing back your maternity clothes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great Heather... You are such a fantastic mom- you should have a whole litter.
    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhh... but i don't mean to jinx you- we're hoping for just one baby... this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news, my friend! How special that Jane was with you. It must have made it that much tougher for her to step on that plane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - great news Heather! Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Heather, that is SO awesome. Congrats to both you and Hugh. What a wonderful gift. I pray you get lots of naps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! I don't know if you know I've been reading your blog but I have been. I got it from Rebecca. I hope that this pregnancy goes awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats my friend! Wish you guys the best pregnacy and health to you and this new little one (notice how i said little ONE...hehe) we will keep you in our prayers.
    We love you guys so very much! Stop by for a visit if you are every on the island!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!

    I never thought that airport bathrooms were for memory making in the peeing-on-a-stick variety. hehe!

    I hope this pregnance goes smoothly and singleton-ly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!!!!!!! Another Baby!!! I'm super stoked to have another little niece or nephew =) and so the adventure, not to mention mahem, continues in the Cyr household.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Heather! We are so exciting for you and hope that your pregnancy is such a precious and exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. DJ where did you find that stat? I also googled it and they said the chances are 1 in 12 of twins after twins.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather and Hugh! Rock out the family party!! That's so awesome. Looks like you're well on your way to having a Rempel-sized family! (I can hear the "Heaven forbid" from here...)
    So like, how are babies made?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dag, the 1 out of 11 million was for identical twins twice.
    Upon further research the only stat i could find was 1 out of 20.
    How about we just let fate decide. Having twins again couldn't be that bad :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Crap...16 comments...you are getting the ultimate HIGH FIVE!!! (Thanks DJ)

    I have to say, I feel honoured that you called me on my cell (even though I was getting my hair done) and that I knew before Hugh...but don't worry, I won't rub it in. MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Hugh:

    So any idea who the father is since i've been in Calgary the last month?

    jj- I know you cycle. Wow I never thought I'd ever know someone's cycle. Actually I never thought I'd know what a cycle was.

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, i was extremely tempted to make a joke about who the father was...but I thought that would be way too offside.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jaime Lauren PhotographyFebruary 2, 2007 at 12:39 AM

    you know you're living in the 21st century when you find out that someone's preganant after it's been posted on their BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Heather and Hugh! Super exciting....I too pray that "morning sickness" will not be words in your vocabulary that are said together for the next 9 months.
    Love your blog...you often make me laugh, and I love it! Hey...if you're ever in Victoria, you had BETTER call me! And I mean it!
    Love,
    alison

    ReplyDelete
  22. New formula:
    (H x 1) + Twins + Pregnant = Exhaustion

    ReplyDelete