Monday, November 17, 2008

And it goes on...

I have done many disgusting things as a parent. Things I never thought, as I gagged on the sound of someone eating a banana near me, possible. For instance, I have voluntarily held out my hands to catch my childs puke because nothing else was handy. Pretty remarkable considering I once vomited into a friend's sink after watching her baby spit-up during her post-nursing burp. However, nothing I have done in the past in terms of grossness compares to yesterday.

Yesterday I scooped poop out of Sebastian's diaper with a plastic spoon smaller than the nail on my pinkie finger and smeared it into a small plastic container until it reached the fill line halfway up. And then I did it again.

Actually in the interest of full disclosure, Hugh did. Both times. Because apparently I haven't completely lost my gag reflex.

7 comments:

  1. OMG! I so feel for you! I meant to post the other day!

    I have been there once while preggy with Meli! Not fun and I swear to god that kid was holding on not to come out the top end!!!

    If you need anything please please please just shout! I will be more than happy to come help you sicko's (hehehe) out!

    Take care and lots of fluids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now dub thy blog 'the tales of heather, hugh and gross bodily fluids x 3.'

    Praying your babies get well...

    Seriously the abundance of fluids - BE GONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothin' better than a good poop story.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, the only thing to say is, "Eww."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making me never want to have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you were going to say that DJ!

    ReplyDelete