Monday, November 24, 2008

Can't talk for long...

I've fallen in love. His name is Edward Cullen.
And he's a vampire.

I'm reading the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer right now and it is fantastic! I don't mean it's exceptionally good literature, it's no Pillars, but it is completely captivating. I actually have not been able to function while reading this. On Friday when I dropped the kids off at preschool I ignored all the Christmas-type errands I could have (should have) run and raced home to throw myself onto the couch and start the first book. I read furiously for two uninterrupted blissful hours and since then the obsession has only gotten worse. It was with an almost physical pain I made myself close Book 3 today. I can hardly bear to leave Edward but I probably should clean house, get dressed and cook at some point right?

Have you read them? Heard of them?

8 comments:

  1. I've heard of them, definitely, but haven't read them. Megan Zunic is in love with them too- she blogged about it a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhh.....

    a VAMPIRE.....

    How eeeeeeevvvvvvvvviiiiillllllll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... all the 'youngins' I know are reading these books.

    Teeny bopper vampire saga - interesting choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably going to get shot, or have my blood sucked out, but I absolutely hate the Twilight series. I only made it through to chapter 5 of the first book and was so annoyed by her writing style that I decided not to waste anymore of my life on it. I'll just wait for the movie. I have a friend that has raved raved raved! about these books and I really wanted to like it. I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I think we can forgo the blood-sucking. I actually agree with you, the first book was a bit of a slug for me too but it was worth getting through to get to the second book.

    And DJ and Kimmy in my defense a friend of mine works in a major corporate office doing some crazy marketing stuff and all the women in her office have these books peeking out of their purses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Join the club... I've decided that youth literature is the greatest lit out there! Enjoy!
    I'm a week away from reading the last 2 - life is finally slowing down so that I can lose myself in them again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also a twi-hard. Impossibly hard to put down.

    Have you read the outlander series? Also evil.

    ReplyDelete