Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Obviously I can't wait for Breaking Dawn

Have you seen Eclipse yet? 

My sister was visiting last week and we went to see it.  I had heard that it was the best of all the Twilight movies, which I know, isn't saying much.  It was all going along about as well as could be expected with Bella's awkwardness, Edward's painfully embarrassing to watch intensity and Jacob's strange diction (woun'nt, din'nt) until the scene in Edward's bedroom when he looks at Bella with burning eyes and says something like "you'll always be my Bella."  The theatre was dead quiet taking in this supremely romantic moment.

Except.  Well, the cheese.  The absolute cheesiness of the moment and the movie in general was too much and Jane laughed. Out loud.  Which made me laugh.  Out loud.  And then with shaking shoulders we were both pressing our faces into our sweaters and scarves trying not to be murdered by the Twi-hards.  For the rest of the movie anytime Edward pulled out his constipation/agonized face or it got even a little romantic our clothing was back in our mouths.  Jacob's little cartoon-legged run with Bella into the forest nearly did me in and the little scene between Jacob and Edward in the tent pretty much finished me off.  At one point I was literally writhing in my seat.

So we laughed through the movie, laughed while we stumbled out of the theatre looking over our shoulders for a girl in a prom dress or a cast or any other Twilight paraphernalia identifying murderous Twi-hards, laughed most of the way home and then once home read a movie review of Eclipse and laughed some more.

All in all Eclipse = fun.

3 comments:

  1. I loved it...

    and yes...so cheesy...but oh so good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny! i saw it last weekend with girlfriends and we would've been the twi-freaks giving you the evil eye on the way out of the theatre!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should clarify. Although I thought it was hilariously cheesy I would totally see it again. And that right there is the Twilight phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete