Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The best laid plans

We chose two paint colours for the basement.  The green - #7824 that I have since discovered is called Garden Promenade - which I severely agonized over before choosing and is going in the living room/playroom.  The other colour we chose is called Rainwater by Martha Stewart and it's going in the spare room/bathroom and I did not agonize over it for one second.  There was nothing to agonize over, it's a lovely grey-blue and it's perfect.

Or not.

Or maybe it was painted today and ended up not being grey-blue at all but more like green-blue.  And by green-blue I mean more like green.  I hate it.  HATE it.  Being more green than blue means it's going to severely clash with the green I did agonize over.  Which, by the way, is doing nothing for my confidence levels about #7824.  Rainwater is going to have to be re-painted.  Painted what, I don't know but looking at that hideous colour downstairs I don't feel like I can trust myself to fix it.

On another note, I've decided to replace the logs in our fireplace with money.  I think it'll do more for us in the long run.

5 comments:

  1. Oh heather, I'm sorry to hear that! I contemplated doing MS Rainwater for our master bedroom for awhile. I think it could be a nice colour in the right setting.

    The thing with those blue/grey colours is that they are never grey enough once they are up on the wall. They always end up looking too blue, or too green in your case.

    I hope the perfect colour comes knocking at your door :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Censational Girl did a post recently about the best blue/gray colour she's ever found... you should check it out. It looks gorgeous, I'd use it. Not sure if you can get that type of paint in Canada though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go... I found it.

    http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/11/a-perfect-gray-blue/

    ReplyDelete