Thursday, April 21, 2011

Talks I never imagined needing to have with my children

Yesterday I was at Wal-mart doing a return.  I was digging my receipts out of my wallet and glanced up to do the automatic child scan.  I only had Sebastian with me and he's pretty easy to keep track of so I glanced - he was just standing a couple of feet beside me - and went back to digging.  And then my mind registered what I had seen.  I gasped in shock and yelled, "SEBASTIAN!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

What I had seen, and was still seeing, was my three year old son standing very calmly beside me with his pants and underwear at his knees giving everyone a full monty.  HELLO!  I raced over to him and pulled up his pants, then alternated between asking him what on earth he was doing and telling him that pulling his pants down in public is not okay.  So. not. okay.  His response? "But Mom, I had to scratch my bum."

Errr...

Officially had the talk that you don't need to pull down your pants to scratch your bum?  Check.

4 comments:

  1. LOL..... the things we end up saying to our children that we once thought we would never have to say or stop them from doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so you never told me that when I saw you at Walmart......Mwahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it hadn't happened yet!! I did my return after we parted ways.

    ReplyDelete