Thursday, April 28, 2011

Playhouse Project: A week in review (and a good distraction)

My girls are coming this weekend!  Today in fact.  They will be here in 8 hours, 5 minutes.  I'm so excited!  These three girls are my oldest and dearest friends.  They came last year and surprised me.  You can read about it here.  I know the word epic is so overused but it truly was an epic weekend.  I can't wait for this one to start!  8 hours, 4 minutes...

I always work better with a little pressure and it still feels like forever till they get here so to kill some time and distract myself from making an eggplant lasagne, washing my kitchen floor and making up the beds downstairs I thought I would post on our playhouse progress.  Last week Hugh did a bit of work on it every day after work.  I meant to post this at the beginning of this week so when I say Monday I don't mean Easter Monday, I mean the one before.

MONDAY: We dropped the height of the lookout deck (on the right) because the kids really really really wanted monkey bars over a suspension bridge and monkey bars at that height would have literally been a death-defying feat to get across.  Hugh also built a step up to the slide since the slide we bought was for a higher deck.


TUESDAY: Hugh installed the slide, climbing wall thing and some stairs.



WEDNESDAY:  It took us (and by us I mean Hugh, my only job was to hold stuff again) forever to get the braces for the monkey bars up.  It's still a bit on the high side but we tested it out on the kids and no legs were broken. WINNING! 



THURSDAY: Finished the monkey bars and framed the roof of the playhouse deck.



FRIDAY: This would be Good Friday.  I had been up all Thursday night with a puking girl and when she got up at 8:00am to puke again I said to Hugh, "You're going to have to get this one." And then I went to the bathroom and started my own hours of torture.  Not exactly how I planned to spend the first warm sunny day of Spring.  A good friend came over and helped Hugh do both roofs and the railing on the lookout deck.



It's starting to really come together!  The kids are loving it.  They spent 8 hours outside the other day.  I couldn't believe it!  Speaking of 8 hours, the countdown is now at 7 hours, 5 minutes till the girls arrive!  Guess I better make that lasagne and wash my floor.  Thanks for the distraction!  Have a great weekend everyone. I know I will.

1 comment:

  1. Man it's really coming together. Looks great.

    Have a splendidly awesome weekend. I am so excited for you ladies and completely jealous too! You are very blessed women!!

    ReplyDelete