Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A list of random things

1.  It is 8:44am.  I haven't had breakfast yet but I have stripped the beds and thrown in my first load of sheets and put away a load of laundry that has been sitting on the floor for two days.  I haven't had my first cup of tea yet but I've written my to-do list for today.

2.  As the school year is winding down we're in the middle of a last gasp of busyness.  It's like they just want you to be really, super-duper, extra-glad it's finally summer holidays.  I'm glad! I'm glad! 

3.  My vow to watch every Canucks game of the finals has been a bust.  Life has just been too busy.  So far I've only sat down and watched one game start to finish.  Tonight will make it two.  I'm nervous already.  They have to win.  They just have to.  And it can't go into overtime or I will lose my sanity.

4.  Watching the kids play soccer this year has been so much fun.  This is their second year and I can't get over how much better they are this year than last.  Last year Ava was totally the girl who sat in the goal picking flowers until the ball came her way.  She was the girl who twirled and sang on the field until the combined shouting of her team and parents broke through her consciousness and she'd realize the ball was pretty much at her feet and she'd run it toward the goal and kick and score.... on her own team.  This year she is a fireball!  She is right in the middle of all the action and consistently gets the break-away.  She hasn't quite figured out her timing once she's within striking distance but has still managed to score 4 goals this season.  Tristan last year was just average.  This year he is unbelievable.  He is ridiculously fast, can outrun anyone on the field, has incredible ball control for a six year old and is a goal-scoring machine (also a ball hog which we're working on).  A few games ago our team won 7-1.  Tristan scored 4 goals, Ava 2.  On Monday night they won 5-1.  Tristan scored all our goals.  It is so much fun to watch your kids excel at something you didn't know they were good at.  They're both playing soccer in the Southern Alberta Summer Games in July. 

5.  A friend gave me an Amish Friendship Bread Starter.  It's a 10-day process!  I'm on Day 8 today.  After looking at this bag of mush sitting on my counter for a week Hugh thought I had forgotten about it and was about to throw it out until I very vocally rescued it. 

6. Hugh and I are flying into Kelowna on Saturday at 5:00pm, going to a wedding on Sunday where I'm doing the make-up for the bride and bridesmaids and flying home at 7:00am Monday morning.  So much to do/arrange for 38 hours of being away but I'm so looking forward to this wedding.  It's going to be a great chance to catch up with a lot people I haven't seen in about 5 years.

7.  I need to make my kids breakfast.  I need to eat breakfast. My washing machine just beeped so I need to throw another load in.  And then I can tackle the rest of my to-do list.  At least the sun isn't shining and calling for me to come out to play.  I always believe her when she says there will be time "tomorrow, tomorrow".  She lies.

4 comments:

  1. let me know how the bread turns out! A friend gave me the starter for it a few weeks ago, and I completely forgot about...oops! I had to throw it out...so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather....make the AFB into muffins...they are grab and go and the kids love them.....and the starter can be frozen too.....It is a fave here in this house!

    PS this summer we must must must get together with the kiddo's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would fly you in to do my makeup too!

    To this day, our morning at your house for makeup is still one of my favourite parts of my wedding day. You made me look flawless! I haven't been able to achieve that on my own since ;)

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you and gets some shots of you in action!!! And then later sit at a table together, kick back, and catch up!!! WHOOHOOO!!!! Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete