Monday, August 21, 2006

Book Tag

Okay so my good friend Simone tagged me in this book game. All my books are in boxes still so lets see what I can remember without being able to look at the titles to jog my memory.

1. One book that changed your life:
The Bible. The Pentateuch as Narrative. KIDDING! "Boots and Bibles" by Rev. Walt Reimer because he is a modern day hero of the faith whose life of simplicity and humility and willingness has inspired me to say "yes" to God again and again.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

3. One book that you’d want on a desert island:
Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell because it's such a great read and it's really long.

4. One book that made you laugh:
A Prayer For Owen Meany - John Irving

5. One book that made you cry:
The Diary of An Ordinary Woman - Margaret Forster

6. One book that you wish you had written:
And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie. Amazing plot, masterpiece of it's genre.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: I'm going to have to go with Simone and cite a children's book. If I have to read "Pooh wants something yellow and yummy for his tummy" one more time...

8. One book you are currently reading:
Middlemarch - George Eliot (who was actually a woman named Mary Ann Evans.) Now you'll know a final Jeopardy question if it ever comes up.

9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read:
Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller

10. One book that you wish had been written:
A sequel to Pride and Prejudice that is written by Jane Austen

11. One book that you got for free:
Anna Karenin - Leo Tolstoy. The last book my dad bought me.

12. Favorite Book this Year:
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer.

I'm going to tag my very good friend Michelle. She's always got something interesting on the go! Michelle you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment