Friday, August 25, 2006

not that desparate...YET!

When I talk about this move I usually say, and believe, that this is the right place at the right time for us. It is a fresh start, a new beginning, a bend in the road.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Today is a day where I feel like starting over sucks.

Today is a day where I feel tired and lonely and that there is nothing very glorious or redeeming in this new chapter. I've thrown myself a little pity party and feel morbidly glad to be at it. I'll take another chocolate chip cookie and another cup of very sweet tea thank you very much. Oh and don't worry about the bread I'll just take the butter.

See I was talking to my mom on the phone one day last week and the kids were SUPER cranky which translated into me being cranky. My mom thought that day would be a good day to fix my life. I love suggestions and advice on days like that. My most common response is to revert to being 12 years old, "oh ya, well then why don't you do it!" During this conversation my mom decided to tackle the area of friendship.
"Well do you have a mom's group you can go to?
There's one at the parent link centre but they're off for the summer.
"Well what about the multiples group?"
I've been meaning to go. I've even made contact but it hasn't worked out yet.
"Well what about people from church?"
Mom, it takes time to get to know people and during summer everyone is all over the place.
"Well, why don't you put an ad in the paper?"

I'm sorry WHAT???? I can see it now: "Pathetic woman seeks friendship with other moms of small children and promises she's not a serial killer or child abuser."

I know you meant well mom and I do appreciate your love and concern but I hope I never get that desparate!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Heather I wish we lived so much closer. I know exactly how you feel. I still feel that way some days. It's just recently that things don't seem so bad but I do still have my days. Not saying that it will take you that long.

    I do hope that things will start getting better for you. If you ever want to throw a pity party I'm a phone call away. Who knows I just might be throwing myself one too that day.

    P.S The girls were acting out today. My remedy, 4 chocolate chip cookies and green tea. hahaha. I totally laughed at that part. O.k I'll stop now. This is getting way too long for a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather sweetie, I am so sorry I can't just come over and take you out for the day. I know what its like to feel alone and wanting more, butjust not seeing how to get it. I will pray that good friends come into your life.
    I am feeling a bit lonely here, funny how you can feel loney with family around. I just don't have any "friends" here, outside of my mom and dad and brother and sisiter in law. Sometimes you just want to grab coffee or chat with someone who hasn't seen you in a diaper...lol.
    I miss you tons. Cheer up..it can only get better...right!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about...mom of twins, sane most days, cries for no apparant reason and has tendoncy to hyperventalate....but the most loyal bestest friend anyone in the whole world could have....

    oh, and I beat you AND Simone. I ate a whole chocolate bar from Switzerland. With Milk...none of this tea crap...Simone's almost sounds healthy with the 'Green' tea! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle- LOL, the green tea just eases the guilt. It's my way of tricking myself that I'm doing something right. Next time I'll have to try the Swiss chocolate bar. With a milkshake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather as bad as I feel for you I can't stop laughing at the suggestion of your mom. I know it was just good intentions but put an ad in the paper. That is hilarious.
    By the way thanks for the call to Ginny. So nice. She's in Squamish right now but will be back and will love the voice message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I have to say is "really mom?" "really?" I thought it was pretty funny myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I will take you all up on your offer of going out for coffee as soon as you get your butts out here!

    ReplyDelete