Monday, November 20, 2006

How do you spell mortified?

Last week we were in recovery mode from the previous weekend and our house had severely suffered. Especially the master bedroom.

We were expecting company Friday morning at 10 and I had to run a quick errand before they came. As I ran out my bedroom and down the stairs the thought flashed through my mind "Thank GOD no one will EVER see my bedroom like this."

I got home at 10:15. An hour or so later we were seeing our company off . I had just closed the front door and breathed a sigh of relief that there had been no reason for our company to see the upstairs when Hugh says, "So they asked for a tour of the house before you got here and I gave them one."

"What do you mean you gave them a tour? Tell me you did not take them upstairs. For the love of God you did not show them our bedroom....did you?"

"Maybe...."

If Hugh ever has occasion to ask why his xbox has been smashed to pieces and if I did it, I think I'm going answer maybe.

5 comments:

  1. Oh for the love of all that is good and pure in this world, when will men ever understand that showing a messy room is not allowed!

    That being said, don't harm the xbox! It is innocent in this whole matter. The Xbox didn't give the tour, why should it suffer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry Heather. I feel your pain.

    The same thing happened to me this summer. Started to do spring cleaning the same day we were having brother in-law's new girlfriend over for dinner. Decided to leave upstairs unfinished- bedrooms were a complete mess but I made sure downstairs was clean. When girlfriend showed up Journee thought she would show girlfriend her bedroom and the bathroom ( don't know why but she likes to show guests the bathroom, it's really strange). I was so caught off guard and shocked that when I tried to stop them nothing came out of my mouth. I was so embarrased when they came back down. Oh well. I blame it on that I have three kids. Who really has time to clean from beginning to end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugh I've got your back! I feel you've done nothing wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHICK BLOG COMMENT TEMPLATE
    (insert whatever you want in the blah section)

    Blah blah blah, That's so bad, blah blah blah, I know how you feel, blah blah blah, stay strong girl, blah blah (sniffle) blah.

    WHERE ARE YOU HUGH???????????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugh... Go figure... Whats the deal?.. Hey XBOX party at my house ... in the Master bedroom ... C'mon over. Sheesh! Nachos and dip on the duvet? Whats wrong with that? Gaming, food and the ability to body slam you opponent when they shoot you.

    ReplyDelete