Friday, September 3, 2010

It's All Over But The Crying. And I'm not talking about the kids.

This is it.  Today is the day.  After a week of no sleep the first day of school has finally, thankfully, arrived.  I woke up at 5am today.  I had an alarm set for 6:45am and then at 6:00 thought who am I kidding? I'm not falling back to sleep.  I got up, got ready and came downstairs for a cup of tea and asked Hugh how I looked for my first day of school. 

There has been much anxiety, many tears cried, and many prayers said over my kids as this new chapter of our lives has approached.  Now that we are here, and their backpacks are loaded up and the kids are dressed and ready, I'm ready too.  And though I may cry - will probably cry - after I drop them off today, they will be happy tears for the grand adventure ahead.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look it's mini Heather and mini Hugh heading off for school. They are going to do great and you are going to do even better. What a fun stage you are in now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother f-er. I've tried like 3 times to comment on here and I keep deleting it/losing it.

    Seriously though- great job at reaching this new stage of life and staying almost completely emotionally intact.

    ReplyDelete