Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jane Austen would have been horrified

This morning while Tristan and Ava were at school and Sebastian was at preschool I was attending the school of life.  Today's lesson took place in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  It actually began inside at the vitamin aisle where I had gone to pick up some more Vitamin C.  We are all struggling with colds and had eaten the last one yesterday.  This had to be remedied immediately.  As Ava told me last night after she had eaten her daily dose, "Mom I think my sore throat feels better.  The Vitamin C must have kicked in."  If she thinks Vitamin C kicks in, if this causes her not to whine incessantly about her so-oh-ore thro-oh-oat, who am I to argue? 

Anyway standing in the Vitamin C aisle I noticed I could get 500 Equate tablets for the same price as 120 Jamieson tablets.  No brainer right?  I learned that lesson ages ago. Walking to my car,  I happily swung my bag. The next stop on my agenda for my glorious morning alone was Starbucks where I had a date with a 2-pump white mocha americano misto and my book.  Since I'm trying to get on top of this cold I thought I would take two Vitamin C's now and then two before bed.  I opened them up popped them in my mouth and started chewing and that is when I learned today's life lesson: tablets aren't chewable unless they actually say the word "chewable" on the bottle.  I had already swallowed a bit when I started to gag.  There I was standing beside my van, doubled over, heaving and gagging and praying so hard that I wasn't going to throw up in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  That's classy right?  Equally classy was finding the dregs of some stale water in an old water bottle and swishing it in my mouth before spitting it and the powdered tablets out on the ground.  In my defense I crouched down really low to try to spit under my van. 

A spectacle you say?  Me? 
Never. 

Thankfully all's well that ends well and I ended up in a squashy oversized chair sipping a perfectly made coffee reading a perfectly delicious book.  Next stop, Costco.  For an extremely oversized bottle of chewable Vitamin C.  By the way does anyone know anyone who wants 498 Vitamin C tablets?  I should warn you, they're not chewable.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I actually DID throw up at the Wholesale a few months ago. Because I am classy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...but you're pregnant. Pretty sure you get a pass for everything when you're pregnant.

    ReplyDelete