Friday, January 7, 2011

There's always tomorrow

I mentioned in my first post of 2011 that I'm feeling just a bit, well, "meh" about this year.  Normally I'm really excited to start a new year.  Everything feels so fresh, so new, so possible.  Well, it's Friday today and I haven't got more dressed than Lulu's since last Sunday afternoon.  It's been a pretty steady rotation of getting up and exchanging my pajama pants for Lulu's to work out in and then having a bath and putting on fresh Lulu's.  I almost wore jeans a couple days ago.  I even got one leg on and then I felt the restrictiveness of the denim and was suddenly all, get it off! get it off! get it off! get it off!  The denim meant I had to move on, get things done, be all productive, clean my bathrooms.  I frantically kicked my leg until the jeans flew off, grabbed my Lulu's and slipped, with great relief, back into slow motion.

Yesterday I tried again to come back to life.  I was feeling chilled so I set the kids up with a movie and went to have a bath.  I wanted to spend some time connecting with God and get some fresh vision and inspiration for this year.  About 15 minutes in I had two little boys hanging out in the bathroom with me.  Don't you want to watch your movie, I asked them?  Nope.  They wanted to feel how hot the bath water was.  Well then their sleeves got wet so they had to take their shirts off.  Then they wanted to sit on the edge of the tub and dip their feet in.  Which made their pant legs wet.  And they had to take those off too.  Had to.  Apparently.  And then suddenly instead of having some alone, refresh time I had two little boys in nothing but briefs wading in my tub and putting their faces in the water to see where my legs were so they wouldn't step on me.  Cuz Mom, they said, WE DON'T WANT TO INTERRUPT YOUR BATH.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Ava got the relaxing alone time instead!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the 'I just want to feel how hot your water is' or 'I just want to touch the bubbles' trick is classic in my house too. Although, I haven't let the girls venture in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no rest for the weary mama at least not until they are 18 and moving out!!! even then????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bathing and ear plugs...
    The perfect combination

    ReplyDelete