Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things I noticed while watching 90210, Episode 2

1. Brandon has lost his mullet.  His bangs are still feathered though.  What a relief.
2. Brenda now has a little fringe of baby bangs.  I think they look ridiculous.  I had those same bangs in Grade 8.  They looked equally ridiculous on me. 
3. David Silver's voice is still shockingly high-pitched.  Also he's a freshman.  I thought he and Donna were in the same grade?  Did they change this or do I just forget the details?
4. Speaking of Donna.  In three hours of screen time over two episodes she has only had three short appearances and two lines and yet she's billed as one of the stars in the opening credits.  Thanks Daddy!  When does she become a real character?
5. Speaking of characters, Dylan has finally made an appearance.  1990's Dylan is HOT!  I forgot that. 
6. Speaking of hot, Brandon really has the most gorgeous eyes.  Totally makes me forget how short he is.  Until I see him walking away with his arm around Brenda....on tiptoe.
7. Even though he's short Brandon gets the girls.  Two episodes in and he's already loved and lost twice, seen past the shallow/party girl facade and the bimbo/surfer girl facade into the inner person of both girls and even managed to save one of their lives in an alcohol/surfing related accident which just happened to wake her up to get the help she needs.  Brandon = saviour.
8. Also, every time Brandon says Andrea's name he pronounces it Andrea not On-dreya.  And she never corrects him!  When does she become Ondreya?
9. It doesn't seem like it's possible for the series to be so old but there is nary a cell phone to be seen, portable phones have to have the antenna pulled out, and mail comes as actual letters on paper.  
10. Dylan wears a lot of denim overalls with one strap undone.  Was that really cool?  It seems the antithesis of the bad boy to me now, did I think it was cool then?

If you want to relive your past, enjoy the opening credits of Season 1 courtesy of YouTube.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, David is younger than Donna.

    Also, Brandon is super cute and has dreamy eyes. But I always liked Dylan best too- although not with Brenda because she was such a, you know. One sided overalls so reminds me of my brothers when they were 'so cool'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually never did end up watching this show back when it was on the air. I may have to get ahold of the seasons and watch them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!

    I remember being SO excited about 'Color Me Badd' (note the double D) being on 90210...I was a FAITHFUL watcher.

    Also-I think because Jason Priestly is Canadian, he says it 'Andrea' rather than 'ONdrea'....why they never corrected that, I'll never know!

    ReplyDelete