Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow, Snow and More Snow. And some pictures.

On Monday we had green grass.  And brown trees.  And blue skies.  And then it started to snow in the wee hours betwixt and between Monday night and Tuesday morning and it hasn't stopped snowing since.  Our town has been officially bleached.  The kids are thrilled and they've been outside multiple times everyday to play in the snow.  This was their first play in the snow.  I didn't actually want to go outside to take these pictures (Hello! It was snowing!) so I took most of them through my kitchen window.  The quality isn't that great.  Because of the window.  It has nothing to do with the fact that I don't know how to use my stupid camera at all.  Simone! Help!


So what do you do on the first snow play of the season?  Teach your little brother the ropes.

Lesson #1: How to make a snow angel.  Ava first because she's bossiest.

Then Tristan.

Did you see how we did that Sebastian?

Good form.  Good form.

Lesson #2: In a snowball fight it's always boys against girls.

Lesson #3: Mom always has hot chocolate ready when we come inside


The kids want me to take them sledding today but I'm waiting to hear from the carpet people about coming to measure up our basement so, darn!  I can't.  I'm really disappointed.  Sigh.  I guess I'll just have to drink endless cups of tea by the fire as compensation.

8 comments:

  1. WOW......you got a TON of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hello winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sebastian looks like he is so bundles he will fall right over-- so super darn cute-- all we have is RAIN, but not complaints here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the fact that you said betwixt made all those pictures of snow that much more enjoyable.

    Also, in that last picture Sebastian reminds me of the boy in the Robert Munsch book 'I have to go!'
    So bundled up and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXACTLY what I was going to say Kari!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Kari, I'm so glad you liked betwixt! It's one of my favourite words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my favorite way to watch the kids play in the snow too. ;)
    BTW-Your pics are great Heather! You don't need any help from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simone you haven't see the pics I tried to take of the kids bedrooms! How do I take pics with no flash that aren't grainy????

    ReplyDelete