Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Something new for me to obsess about.

My sister recommended a website to me the other day saying there was a killer French Onion Soup recipe posted.  I am starting to feel very soup-y and stew-y as the Fall progresses.  Although when the sun is shining and it's 16 degrees and you can go outside without your coat on and it's NOVEMBER! I'm feeling a bit more for tzatziki and grilled chicken.  

The point is, I wandered over to The Pioneer Woman to look up this killer soup recipe and ended up spending every spare minute I had over the weekend reading through archives.  She is a city girl who ended up a cattle rancher's wife.  She has photos of her kids, one of them around Tristan and Ava's age, on horses, wearing mini wranglers and hanging onto calves legs.  The legs and hoofs.  Of real live baby cows!  I look at these photos and I look at my kids playing Power Rangers or Justice League or whatever is the current obsession and just cannot imagine them sitting in a cattle pen using their whole bodies to hold onto a calf's legs.  I can't even imagine them wearing cowboy boots unless it was for a costume.  So, of course, I'm totally obsessed. 

Go check it out.  And then come back and tell me if you think I'm nuts or if you're just as fascinated as I am.  Also, I'm totally making her French Onion Soup.  It looks divine! 

9 comments:

  1. I have been reading her stuff for about a year now and I love it! She has a very similar sense of humour, so I find myself lost in her archives often.

    Check out the story she wrote about her and her husband (Black Heels To Tractor Wheels). It's great! She's been asked to write it as a book or a screenplay or something.

    And yes, her food is amazing. Her cookbook is full of gorgeous photos, it's hard to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you just found out about her??? Dear girl we need to hang out! LMAO! I have been stalking her for years now! I have a sad life I know! LOL! She has a great photography area too!

    Check out her recipe site too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we regularly indulge in her cinnamon toast and in the summer, granita.

    Yum!
    missy-allireallyneed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my love for her! I may be late to the party but at least I got there eventually right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too and a huge fan! Glad you stumbled upon her. I will have to try that Onion Soup as well. kids might not like it but who cares I am the one making dinner right???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and Kari, I just finished reading Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and I'm dying to find out what happened AFTER the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, I just remembered one of her confessions that had me laughing so hard.

    It's the story about her brother Mike when he gets angry and says all the bad words he knows over and over. I had tears rolling down my face from laughter.

    I think she may have him as one of her sub categories, so you can look up all the Mike stories. They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I found the link, because seriously, you have to read it

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/03/mike_story_2_meet_the_parents/

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these comments are getting me SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Then I went to her site and found a recipe for chocolate chip cinnamon buns and I am officially IN LOVE

    ReplyDelete