Friday, November 26, 2010

A season of...receiving?

We're going to do it.  We're going to paint our basement Mimosa.  I am 90% confident and 10% crippling anxiety.  Good thing I'm Christmas baking this weekend.  If it ends up horrible at least I'll have a lot of sugar on hand to cushion the blow.

Also in the spirit of Christmas our downtown had it's annual midnight madness.  So. Much. Fun.  I didn't get home until almost 1:00am.  That's late for an old girl! Best deal of the night was at our fancy name brand store.  Every year they turn their upstairs warehouse into deal central.  Most things were 75% off the original price which sounds great but when a skirt is $275 to begin with it's still pricey.  They did however have one wall of things that were between $1 and $10.  That's the wall I shopped. Here's what I walked away with:

Basic cardigan.  Retailed for $79.  I paid $1. I'm not even kidding.

French Connection top.  Retailed for $108.  I paid $3.

Black top with ruching down the side.  Retailed at $160.  I paid $2.

Grey pencil skirt.  Retailed at $95.  I paid $2.

Lastly, a black pleated crepe skirt. Retailed at $109. Again, I paid $2.
Total original retail price of five item? $546.00. 
Total price I paid: $10. 

Merry Christmas to me.  Or Happy Birthday.  Or Happy Anniversary.  Take your pick. They're all within a month of each other.  I don't even know how many percent off that is.  What I do know is that the other stores who were offering 10% off or even 30% just didn't seem like deals after that!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is crazy! I wish there was a store around here like that! I'm lovin' that dress and the pictures you're posting lately. ;)

    ReplyDelete