Monday, November 1, 2010

Effort is effort. And should be appreciated. That's all I'm saying.

Hugh was away for most of last week on a course for work.  Something to do with engines.  He lost me right after the part where I heard the words combustion and cylinder in the same sentence.  

Did you miss me? he said when he walked in the front door.

I thought back to the three movies I let my kids watch.  In a row.  I heard myself yelling.  Alot.  I remembered sleeping in the middle just so the bed wouldn't feel so empty.

 I'm so happy you're home I washed my hair and put on mascara!

Wow,  he said.  You realize that's your equivalent of saying you put on your good sweats, right?

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing in bed... sometimes i line up extra pillows so it's almost like there's someone there with me.

    ReplyDelete