Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The definition of setback

Staying up all night both Friday and Saturday with puking kids, taking care of a sick husband on Monday, waking up Tuesday with a heaving stomach and then waking up today to see the fallout:  desperate need of groceries, dishes overflowing in the sink, baking soda on our carpet leftover from cleaning up puke that still needs vacuuming, bedding still in the dryer that will probably now need ironing (which, let's be real I won't do but will feel guilty and lazy for not doing), a whole bunch of sheets to wash, all the bathrooms to clean....  And it's snowing.

Can I just crawl back into bed with my book while the kids are in school this morning and let the real mom deal with it?

7 comments:

  1. must feel overwhelming.

    I say let the ironing go, and the guilt! I've never even once considered ironing bedding...can you reheat it in the dryer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm overwhelmed for you.

    I suggest having a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! What is it about the flu that seems so overwhelming, hey? And then you times it by every member in your family...ugh.

    I say grab that book (maybe it should be one that makes you laugh), some wine, and some ear plugs and snuggle up in your wonderfully wrinkled sheets (I've never heard of ironing bedding either).

    THIS is why blogging is awesome, because we're a community of moms who can SO empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a mom and I have never heard of ironing bedding either. I say pop 'em in the dryer with a wet towel and watch the wrinkles come out--my insta-iron. I hope you've been able to spend the day reading...heaven knows that's what I'd do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor you..... There is something seriously wrong with the fact that as mommies we never really get a break eh? household life sort of stands still when everyone gets sick, especially when mommies do. Hope it is over quickly and that God gives you the strength to tackle the debris left over from your flu storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, so I'm late to the party. I see you've let go of the guilt and found solace in fried apple goodness. Good girl!
    I have to say when I read that you iron sheets I had a "see. I'm not the only one" moment. However, I have spritzed my wrinkled sheets and thrown them back in the dryer to avoid said ironing. I won't even mention how many times I've done it to one load and over how many days.
    Lastly, you're not in trouble until you actually buy a deep fryer. I deep fry certain things in pots but I can justify it since it's only once and a while and doesn't warrant a whole new appliance.

    ReplyDelete